thank you anon, you gave me a reason to smile today. :)
18 years; 18 and still young. Talking to my old friends made me realize that my life has changed and I think still is. It is so weird that I hate spending a day without my friends before and now I prefer to eat alone, maybe because I was with the wrong people and it made me sick. Sick of these so called friends that I became too reserved. Reserved but I learned to trust the right person and being with the wrong people helped me to know the right one. I’m not the oh-I’m-friendly-I-like-you-whoever-you-are anymore. I can filter my photos and tweets why not those people I know, right? Filter in a way that I better stay away and never butt in their lives because, me plus them is unnecessary.
18 things I learned in my 18 years of life:
1. People change. Some will have a hard time to admit, but we all do. We can’t do anything about it because transformation is life. We just need to figure the reason why do we need to change or why we changed. Knowing why helped me to be who I am today.
2. There are only 50% of chance that you’ll stick to what you want to be when you grow old. I want to be a doctor when I was a kid but my life told me that it’s not for me.
3. Sleep is very important! but here I am writing this post at 1 am. Sometimes I ask myself why am I alert every night. It sucks that I sleep late most of the time without any reason ‘cause I used to sleep very early - yeah, way back 2006.
4. Be with the people who bring out the best of you, not the stress in you. If you don’t want to die young, stay away from those immoral acts but be open-minded. Never judge those who do drugs or smoke unless you really know them.
5. I don’t need makeup to look beautiful. There will always be that someone who will see the beauty in you, just show the real you. Smile! because the happiest are the prettiest.
6. It’s okay not to be okay. I learned that it’s okay not to be strong all of the time because there is no such thing as perfect life. Sometimes I talk to myself, I should be thankful that I’m not worrying about my needs and thinking too much about my problems will only make things worst.
7. Some people are just bad. We should stop making excuses for them, or see the good side in them because they will just hurt you. They will lie, cheat or even kill you if they have a chance so better stay away. One thing I know is that being with them is an invitation for trouble.
8. Girls who rant “boys are all the same” are freaking weird, why are they even wasting their lives with boys and rant about how boys are immature and how boys can easily leave them. If they want someone who will love them unconditionally, they should find a Man. A good, responsible man who know his priority.
9. Don’t ever bully someone. Not everyone is strong, once you bully them there is a big chance that they’ll end up their life because of you being immature. I was bullied before but I used it to be better than them, now I have a chance to bully them back but I won’t because I know what it’s like to be the prey.
10. Language and grammar is important but mistakes are okay; there are always room for progress. I’m not afraid to commit some errors because in a way I can also learn.
11. Being the eldest is a blessing and a curse. Blessing because I’m my grandmother’s favorite and I’m the most trusted one in my family but a curse because they expect me to be responsible, they expect me to be good at everything.
12. Family is important. No matter how messed my family is, I know they will always be there for me. They’re always beside me to support my decisions, they’re here beside me to tell me what’s right and what’s wrong. I will always love them even though we have our ups and downs, and I will do everything just to support them back.
13. Do what you love. Even though I really want to study law because I really want to help poor people, I still chose fashion because I know I’ll be better at it. There will always be a way to help other people, it is better to do something I love because I don’t want this to be the biggest regret in my life.
14. Eat right and exercise. Eating is life and fun but too much is not good and getting older means metabolism is getting slower.
15. Money is important. Money can save someone’s future. I realized that I should not waste my money for unnecessary things unless it’s food. I need to be realistic, money is not easy to earned and I should start saving as early as now.
16. Television is somehow bad. “The TV business is uglier than most things. It is normally perceived as some kind of cruel and shallow money trench through the heart of the journalism industry, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs, for no good reason.” - Generation of Swine
17. Respect is important. Everyone deserves it.
18. “We have to allow ourselves to be loved by the people who really love us, the people who really matter. Too much of the time, we are blinded by our own pursuits of people to love us, people that don’t even matter, while all that time we waste and the people who do love us have to stand on the sidewalk and watch us beg in the streets! It’s time to put an end to this. It’s time for us to let ourselves be loved.” - JoyBell C.
I feel something so right
By doing the wrong thing
And I feel something so wrong
By doing the right thing
I could lie, could lie, could lie
Everything that kills me makes me feel alive
- counting stars
I’m pretty sure that I’ll never be who I am today if I never did any mistakes before. Though I hate being wrong; I hate making mistakes; I hate being embarrassed. Mistakes and disappointments will always be part of my life and I will never hate myself for these disappointments but I’ll kill myself if I will do something wrong thrice. Sometimes, I need to be the bad/wrong one to know what’s true and what’s right. And even though it sucks to be wrong most of the time, I’m still thankful for it. It made me who I am today. I’m the person I wanted to be; I’m alive.
So hello December! 23 days left and I can’t wait to celebrate Christmas with my family. Time flies too fast I can’t believe that 2014 is already near. So here’s my first 1st playlist! it’s all about my Christmas feels last December. I really miss last Christmas, because of nostalgia but there’s something about this year that makes Christmas exciting and I still don’t know why!
“I have always thought of Christmas as a good time; a kind, forgiving, generous, pleasant time; a time when men and women seem to open their hearts freely, and so I say, God bless Christmas! -Charles Dickens”
I’m happy that I’m spending this coming Christmas with my family and another Christmas with Jieno.
Sad at the same time because I felt that I pretty much didn’t do anything good this year. I’ve made a lot of mistakes this year and I wish I can rewind the time. I really want this Christmas not to be boring even though I know it’s not about me, and I don’t want to be selfish this month. Advance merry Christmas everyone!
found this in my dad’s old money collection!